Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday's Checklist

Can you smell your bird cooking? The hot rolls coming out of the oven? So many times I know I put more emphasis on the food and the preparation than thinking of the time we get to spend with family and friends after the meal... So, let's continue to check things off our preparation list so we can focus on our family and what we are truly thankful for!

Monday's Checklist
menu planned
recipes together
grocery list made
make room in refrigerator

If you don't have these done, just jump in. These things don't take long to do. Even if you have 10 minutes, that's enough time to plan your menu. If you need to go pick up kids, you can plan it while you wait in line. Take your recipes with you and you can make your grocery list while you are waiting at practice.
I used to think that I couldn't do these things because I didn't have a large chunk of time. I had to learn that I can do these things. I just had to break down my "to do" list and I could do one thing in 5 or 10 minutes. So use your 5 minutes here and there to do your "to-do's".


Tuesday's Checklist
Grocery shop
Are there dishes (like your green bean casserole) you can make tomorrow and bake on Thursday? Set those recipes aside.
Plan your serving pieces/dishes. Set those pieces aside. I write the dish's name on a 3 x 5 card and put in on the serving piece. So I will have a card that says, mashed potatoes, jell-o, rolls, green beans.... Each card will go on the serving piece and then I stack them in a corner.

That's about it. If you have more time, clean your bathroom(s).
Sink
mirror
toilet
floor
garbage

Remember even if you have 5 minutes here and there, you can accomplish these things!

What is your tip for Thanksgiving preparation?








No comments:

Post a Comment